Saturday 21 September 2013

Accordion Cards

I have wanted to own the  Sizzix Accordion Die by Karen Burniston for so long but it always seems to be out of stock!  I luckily managed to get one and have been really enjoying making cards with it.  I have love the cards other people have made - there really are some amazing designs out there.  

Here are some of my pics of my first attempt - I used the amazing Tattered Lace Dies as they are just so beautiful and I need more of them  (perhaps also will soon need a bigger house - must try not to buy any more crafty items for the next few months and just enjoy all the wonderful things I already have!)  The Happy Birthday die is a Cuttlebug die.

I am trying to limit my colour palette as I am alway thinking I need more colour or more bling....









This picture is of the extended height accordion die (I think there was a tutorial to show how to do this - sorry can't remember if it was on Karen Burniston's Blog but probably was).  This make the die much more versatile for me. I don't have the matching die so used Spellbinder label dies.  Also used more of the Tattered Lace dies.


Thanks for looking and I would love it if you had time to leave a comment with any feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jacky, your cards are VERY impressive, you should definitely go onto Karen Burniston's blog and let her know what you have done, she would be very impressed. I did not find it so easy to do the extended one but yours is brilliant. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete